New Yaesu FTDX-3000 HF Transceiver
Yaesu revealed their new FTDX-3000 HF + 50 MHz transceiver at the 2012 Dayton Hamvention. This new transceiver is a 100 Watt HF and 50 Mhz amateur radio transceiver for the casual DXer and for the Contester. My observation is that this will be the same class of rig as the Kenwood TS-590S, which has a street price of about $1,550. The Yaesu does have more roofing filters and an LCD Screen. The Yaesu FTDX3000 transceiver should provide weak signal receiver performance in crowded, strong signal environments because of the receiver's Down Conversion Roofing Filters. This new transceiver has Crystal Roofing Filter technology that has been proven in the FTDX-5000.
By using the new down conversion and sharp edged crystal roofing filter technology, the FTDX-3000 is positioned just under the bigger FTDX-5000. Besides the FTDX-5000, this is the only Yaesu transceiver with a band scope and full digital display. It is also the only other rig besides the FTDX-5000 that has down conversion Crystal Roofing Filters. The essential elements in receiver performance are the RF Amplifier and the 1st Mixer. The RF Amplifier has optimized NF points, and the over-sized wide range RF transformer exhibits minimum saturation in strong signal processing. The FTDX-3000 has the high dynamic range IP3 performance that was realized and proven in the FTDX-5000.
The 32-Bit high speed floating decimal DSP (max 2800 MIPS) provides effective cancellation/reduction (DNR) of the random noise that is frequently frustrating in the HF Frequencies. The FTDX-3000 has a 3.5 inch wide color LCD Display with the operating information and status of the transceiver functions on the screen. Although it only has one receiver, a high speed Spectrum Scope is built into the radio. An optional AF Scope and optional RTTY encoder/decoder are available.
- Display: 3.5 inch wide LCD with High Speed Spectrum Scope
- RX Frequency Range: 30 KHz to 56 MHz
- TX Frequency Range: 1.8 MHz to 54 MHz
- Transmitter Power: 5 to 100 Watts, 2 to 25 Watts AM
- Receivers: One (1)
- Modes: SSB, CW, RTTY (F1B), Packet (F1D), Packet (F2D), FM, AM
- Roofing Filters: Three (3), all Down-Conversion (Best Kind)
- Main Receiver at 300Hz (Optional), 600Hz, 3 kHz at 9 MHz IF
- DSP Processors: 1 @ IF-DSP 32-Bit
- Receiver Amplifier: Specialized 50 MHz (Built In)
- 3 @ Antenna Connections
- CAT Port (Serial)
- 1 @ USB Port
- u-Tune Port (Optional)
- Built-In CW Keyer???
- Power Supply: 13.8 Volts at 23 Amps, NOT INCLUDED
- Antenna Tuner: Built-In Automatic Antenna Tuner
- Weight: 22 Pounds (~10 Kilograms)
- Price: Pricing and availability have not been announced